Two Baby Lions

My Child’s Mother/Father Is Not Paying Court-Ordered Child Support. What Can I Do?

North Carolina Child Support Enforcement Attorneys

If your child’s other parent is not paying child support, you have options. A North Carolina Division of Social Services Child Support Enforcement agency can start a legal enforcement action against a noncustodial parent who is not paying child support or a custodial parent can retain his or her own attorney to pursue past-due child support.

Collecting Child Support From A Parent Who Refuses To Pay

A child support obligation may be created by a separation agreement or by a court order. An agreement to pay child support that is part of a child support agreement is a contractual agreement between you and your ex-spouse to pay the agreed amount. If he or she fails to pay, you may have a breach of contract claim against him or her.

If child support is set by an order of the court, failing to pay child support can result in contempt charges against the nonpaying parent and an order to garnish his or her wages as well as the potential for additional civil and criminal penalties. If your ex-spouse or other parent has moved out of North Carolina, he or she is still obligated to pay child support. Moving out of state does not, by itself, modify a child support order.

Child Support Can Be A Jungle. Protect What’s Yours.

If your child’s mother or father isn’t paying court-ordered child support, the family lawyers at Daly Mills Family Law can help. Contact our firm online or 704-878-2365 to schedule an appointment at our Mooresville law office.

Child Custody and Child Support FAQs

Don’t take our word for it …

See What Our Clients Are Saying

“I was impressed working with Judith Daly. Judith was responsive, caring and answered every question I had by email or by phone. She’s very diligent. I would highly recommend her to any of my current or future clients.”

- Amy Kyker

Lion Tattoo

Protect What Matters Most

Call (704) 878-2365 to request your consultation today, or contact us via the form below:

Fields marked with an * are required

"*" indicates required fields

Terms & Condition*
*Disclaimer | Privacy Policy