Lawyer for Planning Divorce in Mooresville, NC
Whether you are considering divorce or legal separation, it is always in your best interests to plan ahead prior to divorce or separation. At a minimum, it’s important to collect financial statements and evaluate your assets and property before the divorce. A divorce lawyer at Daly Mills Family Law can also help you take additional steps before filing for divorce to protect your assets and interests.
North Carolina Divorce Planning
Sadly, your spouse may try to deceive you out of funds or property that you are entitled to during divorce. When you are planning for a divorce, it’s critical to make copies of important documents and lists for future use in divorce proceedings, including:
- 401(k) or retirement account statements
- Property values and addresses
- Tax statements from the previous five to 10 years
- Bank account statements
- Bill statements
- Childcare costs and receipts
- Safety deposit box contents and locations
- Jewelry or heirloom inventory list
- Business assets or statements
It is important to copy these documents and keep them in a safe place, possibly even in your divorce attorney’s office, to prevent fraud or theft during the divorce. Collecting these documents and understanding your financial situation prior to filing for divorce will also help your divorce lawyer protect your rights throughout the process.
At Daly Mills Family Law, Our Law Firm In Mooresville, NC Also Focuses On The Following Practice Areas:
- Retirement Assets
- Property and Asset Division
- Prenuptial Agreements and Divorce
- Post Divorce Modifications
- Military Divorce
- Fathers Rights
- Equitable Distribution
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Separation Agreements
- North Carolina Divorce Process
- Domestic Violence Abuse and Divorce
It’s A Jungle Out There. Don’t Go It Alone.
When you have significant assets or you want to be sure your rights are protected, contact us or call our Mooresville office at 704-878-2365. We fight for our clients’ rights to their equitable share of assets accumulated during marriage. Please contact our Family Law Lawyer in Mooresville for more legal help.