Top Questions to Ask a Lake Norman Divorce Attorney
If you are considering a divorce, there is a good chance you have been subjected to unsolicited advice and outright horror stories about other people’s experiences, making it nearly impossible to know what to expect from the divorce process, especially if this is the first time you are talking with a family law attorney.
Even if you do not choose our law firm to help with your family law needs, we want to help you understand some of the most important questions you should ask when developing a partnership with a family law attorney in Lake Norman or elsewhere in North Carolina.
Get to Know Prospective Divorce Attorneys By Asking a Few Simple Questions
Talking to a North Carolina divorce attorney before partnering with his or her law firm will allow you to get basic answers about their professional practices and personalities. Although most family law attorneys cannot give specific advice about your case during a meet-and-greet session, it will give you the opportunity to learn whether the law firm is a good fit for your legal needs.
- How long have you been in practice?
- How do you handle cases like mine (i.e., no kids, contentious custody case, high asset divorce)?
- What is your track record with cases like mine?
- How long will it take for you to return my calls/emails?
- Can I meet the other family law attorneys and support staff who will be working on my case with you?
- What is your pricing structure? Specifically, how will you charge me for the overall hours, communication, or any other anticipated legal costs?
- What other costs may be incurred, based on my unique legal needs (including costs associated with private investigators, accountants, or medical professionals)?
- Based on my case details (so far), how do the North Carolina family laws align with my divorce expectations?
North Carolina divorces are deeply personal. This means you must have an honest relationship with your Lake Norman divorce lawyer to achieve the outcome you desire. If you are not sure the current family law attorney you are meeting with is a match for your personality or legal needs, it is okay to look in another direction.
Contact Our Lake Norman Divorce Attorneys Today for a Consultation
At Daly Mills Family Law, our Lake Norman divorce attorneys focus on each of our client’s unique legal needs, and that begins by keeping our caseloads small.
Each time you contact our office, you will have access to attorneys and support staff who can answer your questions, allay your fears, and develop practical legal solutions that make sense.